On Thu, 17 Aug 2017 10:18:31 -0500
Kent Tenney <kten...@gmail.com> wrote:

> How does one use the new db backend?
> is it config, command line option, default ... ?

I think sqlite db based caching is on by default in master.  As far as
I know the new tech. is currently confined to caching, using .db format
for outlines and settings was heavily researched but not currently
being pursued - open to corrections from people who actually know what
they're talking about, of course ;-)

Cheers -Terry