On Tuesday, September 5, 2017 at 3:52:55 PM UTC-4, Edward K. Ream wrote:

> When I was first learning to program, I often wanted to find some "magic"
> that would make tasks easier.  Now, I have enough experience to know about
> how much work a task will take.  However, this might blind me to other
> approaches that would, in fact, be much better/elegant.  Vitalije's new
> read code could be called an example.

It's nice to know my search for programming "magic" is an *ailment* that
others have experienced.

Part of Leo's "magic" that has attracted me more than other outline based
programming tools is that it aspires to be (in the outlining editor sense)
language agnostic. As an engineer this is a huge consideration for me. I
should clarify that I'm not looking for the "next big thing". The farther
civilization expands digitally the more "legacy" code we will have. Despite
being "legacy" that code is likely going to be still be responsible for
people's lives and because the effort of updating or porting the code would
be prohibitive.

To survive in the future every engineer/programmer is going to need a tool
that will break down any program in any language into structured code. What
is structured code? When I develop a larger program in Leo my outline tree
naturally take on an organized structure that is beyond the limits of what
the structuring elements of the language provides. I will also do the same
thing when integrating external code, after Leo does its standard parsing
and tree construction I go in and move things around so that code/nodes are
grouped using some classification/categorization logic that is project/code
dependent.