At the risk of missing the point - I too was very excited about that post
but maybe for different reasons. I would find multi-pane editing useful but
for me not a deal breaker. Challenging org-mode at a todo, diary, capture,
schedule and reminder level  on the other hand would be a huge plus. In
these areas org-mode's functionality is simply the best and challenging
these would be very exciting indeed.  Ta

IH