On Tue, Oct 24, 2017 at 8:18 AM, Chris George <technat...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The best install on Linux (IMHO) has always been:

​Thanks for this.  It's a good summary.​

1. Install prerequisites.

> I always install Anaconda. It solves so many weird python problems it is
> always worth it. Docutils, Pandoc, pyenchant, Sphinx, pyQT, Git, etc.

​I agree.  Plus it's the preferred way to use Jupyter.​

2. From my home directory: git clone https://github.com/leo-editor/
> leo-editor.git

​Some people like "official" releases, perhaps to please bosses.  So it
should also work to unpack the top-level leo folder from the release
anywhere, including, as you say, in your home directory.

3. I use a script to start Leo in the terminal from my home directory.

>     #!/bin/bash
>     cd leo-editor
>     git pull
>     launchLeo.py --session-restore --session-save

Thanks for this.  It seems that installation and startup instructions are
confusing for everyone.