By digging around in system leoSettings.leo I see that an empty user
settings file is populated by copying @enabled_plugins from system settings
(wish: easy show me what's different between default new user profile and
mine).

The plugin list in system settings file seems out of date (leo_cloud is
missing for example). There were some spelling and grammar mistakes in the
head node, which I just fixed and pushed. I didn't touch the plugin list.