On Wed, Jan 3, 2018 at 2:48 PM, Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas <
off...@riseup.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This reminds me of a blog post where I saw kind of a similar relationship
> between visualizations and outlining that was the AHA moment to conceive
> the development of Grafoscopio [1]. Several influences, like Leo and
> IPython are mentioned there.
>
> In the Pharo case, the GT Tools[2] and the Roassal agile visualization
> toolkit[3] provided smooth integration for such visualization integration.
> I don't know if something like that is available in the Qt toolkit for an
> enriched VR panel. We have proposed some kind of embedded minimal web
> browser or canvas, but I don't know if this is the path to follow and can
> help with the publishing using Leo Vue.
> [1] http://mutabit.com/offray/static/blog/output/posts/
> pharo-by-visualization.html
> [2] http://gtoolkit.org/
> [3] http://www.agilevisualization.com/

​Vacation got in the way of commenting.  There was a link in [1] to the
video, playing with live objects
<https://vimeo.com/channels/ndc2014/97315968>.

The details aren't as important as the grand overview, which is that we get
complacent about how we use our tools.  It would be best if we could treat
our programs *as data to be analyzed*.

This is why I find Leo's clone-find commands so powerful.  Imo, the bug
discussed in the video would have yielded to cff and g.trace(g.callers()).

The challenge of the video is spot on.  We need to keep looking for better
tools.