On Wed, 17 Jan 2018 00:51:37 -0800 (PST)
vitalije <vitali...@gmail.com> wrote:

> It
> seems to me that we can have a new command to collect tips and store
> it in g.app.db['leo-tips']. From there they can be displayed in
> regular vr pane, or even better, they can be stored in pre-rendered
> state (as html) and displayed in some standalone window as soon as
> g.app.db is initialized.

My thought was that devs would periodically run the script to update
.../leo/docs/leo_tips.json which would be used to show tips.  This
avoids having Leo seek the internet without the user's input.

Pre-rendering to HTML sounds good - whatever the dependencies are for
rendering (markdown.py, pandoc, some GitHub code) they fall on the dev
rather than the default Leo install.

I'll have a look at the tip pop-up thing.