I started by looking at run_nodes.py but couldn't make it work for me.

What I am trying to do is automate versioning in my writing repository
using fossil.

I use Leo to write my weekly column using @clean nodes created using an
abbreviation. What I would like to be able to do is to click a button to do
a couple of things:

1) Save the @clean file to disk.
2) Run a system command in the folder specified in the @clean file path:
fossil commit -m "<Text from child node here>".
3) Clear a child node of the commit message to prepare for next time.

The child node with the commit message shouldn't be written to the @clean
file.

I am used to doing this manually, but now I am writing for another
publication on a monthly basis. And I naturally keep forgetting to run
commits in the various and sundry folders where my new files land after
making changes as I have to do it outside Leo (and outside of my
work'writing flow).

Chris