So, having 2 objections to clones, let me give my thoughts:

   - What I'm working on is a microservices design spec that has multiple
   API's with apps that interact with those API's
   - Let's say the API has a function 'PUT /updatePosition' that takes
   these arguments
      - ID
      - Latitude
      - Longitude
   - In the smartphone app spec, I want to add the documentation which says:
      - When you've changed X miles in position, do a PUT to
      /updatePosition with the arguments:
         - clone ID
         - clone Latitude
         - clone Longitude

So, from a documentation point of view, I'm maintaining the definition for
those parameters once, and referencing them consistently across specs

Is this still discouraged?