In the Leo file are three top level nodes; Read me, Tests, and @settings.

Open @settings. The first child is the theme. Select @theme Breeze Dark
Theme.

Ctrl-Shift-C to copy the node.

Go into your myLeoSettings.leo file and Ctrl-Shift-V to paste the node. Use
Shift-Arrow keys to position this node as the last top level node in your
@settings tree.

Hold Alt and press i and then y. Release Alt. (this reloads stylesheets
using menu shortcuts) close both Breeze Dark Theme.leo and
myLeoSettings.leo.

Re-open myLeoSettings.leo. The new theme should now apply to all current
open files as well as all subsequently opened files.

Let me know if this works for you.

Chris