Despite what you say, I suggest keeping this option as a do-nothing
option.  No "fix" need ever be issued, or at least not until it is devised
and convenient.  Leo could print a deprecation message to the (error)
console or log pane, or a message saying that caching is no longer used.
Why break anyone's scripts without a good reason?