Hi Edward sorry for the delay. Please feel free to use any comments that
are helpful.

Org Mode - has a brilliant capture front end. Simple keyboard shortcuts to
create todos and agenda entries.

And it is the Agenda that sells it to me - a calendar based list of things
to do and notes, mixed with a diary that includes recurring events very
flexibly scheduled.
Single key shortcuts to display - this week, this month, this year.
And the icing on the cake the agenda spits out OS based reminders so even
if I am not in Emacs the Org mode reminder to make some tea will attract my
attention.

Thanks again for all your work and patience.

IH