> What I like about AsciiDoc is the code snippets support and the way it
> declares tables. But Pandoc can read ASCIIDoc [...]

(?) This seems to be in the air or incomplete according to
https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/issues/1456. (From the ycombinator thread,
which by the way also highlights another consideration: Asciidoc
readability of nested lists in plain text is somewhat compromised relative
to Markdown.)

I have generally high opinion of pandoc. It has saved me many hours of
frustration more than once.

It's hard to install automatically on Windows (it's not just `pip install
pandoc`, last time I checked), but easier than AsciiDoctor which is in Ruby.

--matt

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/leo-editor/777c9bf4-8441-4d06-a044-339a18ad6c2a%40googlegroups.com.