On Thu, Jul 25, 2019 at 12:15 AM Matt Wilkie <map...@gmail.com> wrote:

> *Engineering notebook post about "Harmonize Leo and Pip version numbers
> #1242 <https://github.com/leo-editor/leo-editor/issues/1242>". Much of this
> opening post to mailing list is copied from the issue description. I
> realized it's better to have the "thinking out loud" parts in the mailing
> list, where people can chime in more easily, *

I agree.  I use the first comment of an issue to summarize the status of
each issue.  That is, I freely edit the first comment to keep it up to date.

Imo, thinking out loud should be done in public whenever possible.

> So is all that's needed is to add:
>
>    1. create git tag for v6.0-b2-dev in devel branch?
>
> I'm not sure it fits, because of the backward looking nature. ...still
> thinking...
>
> [many git-reading hours later]: yes, I think this is a good idea. At the
> cost of adding yet-another-step for the human in the Creating a Release
> workflow.

Excellent work.  The extra step is a small price to pay for resolving this
issue.

Feel free to update the checklist in leoDist.leo, if you have not already
done so.  It would be a good idea to explain why this step is necessary.
In other words, don't rely on my memory ;-)