On Mon, Aug 12, 2019 at 9:24 AM Edward K. Ream <edream...@gmail.com> wrote:

> At long last there is an *easy* path for using any part of pyzo's code,
modified as we like, without monkey-patches.

In retrospect, it's now clear that:

1. The new scheme combines the best features of use-by-copy and
use-by-import:

- use-by-copy: Leo's devs can (must!) change the code in leo/plugins/pyzo
so as to adapt pyzo to Leo.

- use-by-import: pyzoic plugins can simply import all the code the imports
shown earlier.

2. The new scheme is the *only* scheme that has any realistic chance of
working.

In short, today's work fully, elegantly, and permanently answers the big
question.  I live for moments like this.