​On Sun, Sep 8, 2019 at 2:52 PM Matt Wilkie <map...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you for reporting on the variety in the to-be or not-to-be f-string
landscape. This side by side comparison useful.

​You're welcome.

I have only been using f-strings in my present work on orange.​  String
concatenations are perfect for comparisons.  Examples:

# Example 1:
raise self.AstNotEqual(
    f"node1: {node1}\n"
    f"node2: {node2}")

# Example 2:
g.trace("COMPARE LIST ITEMS")
print(
    f"list1: {node1}\n"
    f"list2: {node2}")

The print statement in the second example preserves alignments.  Using just
g.trace would not work as well.

My present plan is to merge the fstring branch into devel in a day or two.
I'll feel free to revert to % strings where they seem clearer.