On Wednesday, September 11, 2019 at 5:35:42 PM UTC-5, Edward K. Ream wrote:

> About 5 lines of code in this the SyntaxSanitizer class suffice to
support the two new settings...
> Black does not need to change in any way...
> A new setting prevent blacks from messing with hundreds of existing
overindented comments.

I want to brag a bit. The SyntaxSanitizer class is short, elegant and
useful. It:

- allows Leo's devs to carry on, regardless of black's limitations,
philosophy, whatever.
- allows the beautify-tree command to verify that it doesn't change the
code's meaning (parse tree).

Leo's adaptation of black is *way* more elegant than the equivalent mods
would be in black itself!