With the change to Python 3+ for Leo, I found I couldn't build Sphinx
documents to PDF, using rst2pdf.  It only worked for Python 2.x, not 3.x.
I've done some work on it, and I'm happy to say that I have had some
success.

First of all, the Github repo for rst2pdf has had some updates since the
last version available using pip, and many of the Python 3.x problems have
been worked out.  I have fixed a few more and put requests on the rst2pdf
github site to incorporate them.  Let's hope that happens.

Next I found that a build on Windows failed though it worked on Linux.
This turned out to be an issue with Jinja2, which is used behind the
scenes.  I fixed that and posted the solution to the Jinja2 github site.

With these fixes, the documentation package built successfully on Windows.

I know that there are more unfixed Python 2/3 issues still in the rst2pdf
codebase, but they didn't prevent my document from building.  So I'm happy.

See also my post at https://github.com/rst2pdf/rst2pdf/issues/825

If anyone needs the fixes I came up with before they get put into the
codebases (if they ever do), say so and I'll post them here.