On Tue, Jan 7, 2020 at 5:01 AM Edward K. Ream <edream...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sunday, December 29, 2019 at 7:19:03 PM UTC-5, btheado wrote:
>
> I was looking at the tests in leoAst.py in the fstringify branch and I
>> don't find any asserts in the tests themselves.
>>

> The tests in the TestTOG are actually extremely strong.  I have just added
> the following to the docstring for the TestTOG class:
>
> QQQ
> These tests call BaseTest.make_data, which creates the two-way links
> between tokens and the parse tree.
>
> The asserts in tog.sync_tokens suffice to create strong unit tests.
> QQQ

I'll take your word for it as it isn't obvious to me from a glance at the
code. I don't have a huge interest in the tokens project so I don't really
understand where the parse tree is coming from and how it relates to the
tokens. Maybe if I really want to understand, I can intentionally break the
code in a few places and see how the failures work.