On Tue, Jan 14, 2020 at 4:05 PM Edward K. Ream <edream...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 14, 2020 at 3:00 PM Terry Brown <terrynbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I wonder if a couple of demos would help,
>>

> Thanks for this suggestion.  Imo, the demo is the TOG class compared with
> similar code in asttokens, fstringify and black. The differences are
> striking.

This puts the burden on all the readers to go look at the two versions of
fstringify (and other) code and be able to figure out on their own exactly
what striking differences you are referring to. If you do the work to
present the differences in an easy to read way, then all readers will
benefit. Are there small pieces you can put side-by-side which show the
improvements? But that's extra work you may not want to do and maybe it is
hard to do. I'm just sharing my thoughts.