Another dumb question (I've got a million of 'em, but sorry to take up
bandwidth with them).

I see how to send a private message, and have done so, but that message
'disappeared', so I cannot review it and don't know if the intended
recipient got it. The intended recipient has posted again in the thread,
but I don't know if that was a private message to me or a public post. How
do I know when I've received a private message, and how can I view a
private message I've sent?  I haven't found a help item that answers this.

Andy