On Sunday, March 15, 2020 at 6:39:46 AM UTC-4, Edward K. Ream wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 14, 2020 at 9:12 AM vitalije <vita...@gmail.com <javascript:>>
> wrote:
>
> I really believe that doing decoupling piece by piece, module by module,
>> can make Leo's code much easier to test and more importantly easier to
>> (re)use.
>>

> I am inclined to agree with you. However, I am not convinced this is the
> main line of Leo's development.
>
> Edward

I agree with Edward.  This is the kind of thing that causes people to want
to re-implement, start again to take advantage of what they have learned
over the years.  But the history of re-implementations contains a lot of
sad failures.  It's just too big a job, the new implementations have their
own bugs, and by the time they get done, the original version has developed
beyond that the new one has implemented.

This kind of thinking - test-driven, with good separation of concerns, etc.
- is good to apply to new development when it can be done and still fit
into Leo's existing framework.  That's modulo the difficulty of testing
GUI-related code, of course.