*TLDR; If LeoInteg is what brings Leo to the masses, more power to you and
Felix and everyone else who gets to experience the wonder of Leo. But lets
keep things factual and objective and keep the editor age-discrimination to
a minimum, that's not why we're here.*

These two videos are not a good comparison. They show two different
features, tree-based editing vs settings. First off, vscode's settings
system is pretty slick, but emacs has had *literally the exact same feature*
 since at least the year 2000
<https://ftp.gnu.org/old-gnu/Manuals/emacs-20.7/html_node/emacs_437.html> (I
didn't look farther back than that); it's called *customize-apropos*. So
let's not pat them on the back for re-implementing a 20+ year-old feature
from emacs and then provide it as a reason why emacs is "on the way out".
In addition, org-mode will never be as good at tree/graph based editing as
Leo is, but that is because that is specifically what Leo is best at.
Tangling in emacs is pretty clunky, but It's still better than almost
everything else which has no tree-based editing. If you want to organize
code as trees/graphs you have *very few* options, org-mode happens to be
one of them.

The soothsayers have been predicting emacs' death for a while now. Based on
my investigations, emacs was never popular to begin with. I've heard it was
once "far more popular" than it is now, but it never reach the popularity
of a Borland or Microsoft product, or Eclipse. It never made its way out of
the shadows. But everyone here (in the shadows) know *how little that
means. *

Emacs is niche. It appeals to "configuration nuts" who, once they get a
taste for how much it can do out of the box and how much it can be
configured tend to get hooked on it. I think Leo appeals to a similar
audience. Each have a unique set of features that some find too good to
pass up for more popular editors.

I work in a bandwidth constrained environment where usually the only
tolerable editors are text only through ssh in a terminal. vim and emacs
fall into that category, emacs having way more features. emacs, to this
day, has most features available in terminal mode. This gives me a snappy,
feature-filled editor that is available on most systems. Few full-featured
editor-IDEs maintain terminal support. Vscode never will.

I also share some of the caution that others here have expressed about
vscode's affiliation with Microsoft. Modern corporate capitalism hasn't
proven itself to be a friend of humanity.