On Tuesday, August 11, 2020 at 11:51:17 AM UTC-5 Edward K. Ream wrote:

Hah! I forgot vs code's global search command. Searching for "fold" gives
> too many hits on "folders", but searching for "folding" yields promising
> results. And that's even before using a word-only or a regex search.

It's probably best to search the vs code's sources, not monaco's sources.
The monaco editor is for the browser. It uses shims to adapt the vs base
code, and the monaco editor is limited in what it can do by being in the
browser.

A regex search for \bfold\b yields many valuable clues. The takeaways:

- The vscode\src\vs folder likely contains all the relevant sources.

- The monaco sources are in monaco.d.ts. However, there are many hits
elsewhere, including editor\contrib\folding\folding.ts.

In short, there is a huge code base related to code folding. It all looks
like ts to me. I don't see any way to use it in Leo, but I'll look a bit
further...