The pylint message about an undefined variable was mistaken because that
variable can only be used after the condition has been met.  Tested to
confirm.

I have created a PR for this updated version.

Unless someone reports anything seriously wrong or trivial to fix in the
next few days, I will release it as a non-beta release.  In the meantime,
this version is V3.0b15.