Pretty strange, all right.  If you open the Windows Task Manager, can you
tell if it is running?  There should be an entry for "Python", which should
look something like the attached image. If you see it, Leo is running but
somehow invisible.  If not, Leo has quit.  Also, is it possible that there
is a Leo icon in the task bar, even if Leo itself is invisible?

You could try the Event Viewer.  Open it, and look in Windows
Logs/Application.  Filter the view to show only errors, or errors and
warnings.  With luck, there  will be an entry for you, and with more luck
it might even say something useful.