On Sunday, 20 December 2020 at 17:16:18 UTC-7 andyjim wrote:
>  Should take notes.  Is there a way I can get a history of terminal
commands to see what I've done?

On the assumption that you are using bash as your shell,
you can set how far back in history it remembers with the

HISTSIZE environment variable in .profile, or .bashrc

    $ man bash

<https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/128396/how-to-set-the-number-of-commands-history-recalls>

Another trick is the script command to record all your keystrokes in a
terminal session.  Can be a lot of cruft,
if you're using a curses based editor, but it's still filterable with unix
tools...

    $ man script

Very handy when you are using ssh to do something on a remote system.

On MacOS, I prefer Anaconda to homebrew for keeping different python
environments from interfering with
each other.  Once you get over the hump, virtual python environments are
wonderful.   Allows me to run old
python2.7 or python3.5 scripts without porting...  Even keeps the
appropriate qt versions working.
But I use homebrew for elixir, mutt, and a few other things.
--
George Zipperlen