On Thursday, January 21, 2021 at 5:29:51 PM UTC-5 jkn wrote:

> On Thursday, January 21, 2021 at 5:41:58 PM UTC tbp1...@gmail.com wrote:
>
>> It works for me :)  That is, the text of all the child nodes of the @rst
>> node gets included in the single rst file that *rst3* outputs and the
>> node headlines become subtitles.
>>

> It depends what you mean by the 'it' that works ;-/
>
> I am mostly running under linux, and the simple usecase: something like
>
> @rst /home/jkn/path/to/file.rst
>     ... subnodes
>
> does indeed work. It is when I start introducing path expressions to this
> that is seems to fail...

I just tried using {{path}} expressions in the @rst node and they didn't
work there, either.  When I put the nodes under an @path node, though, it
worked as expected on my Windows system:

- @path {{d:}}{{sep}}{{temp}}{{sep}}{{xxx-rst}}
   - @rst pathtest
      - Node 1
      - Node 2
 Running the *rst3* command produced a file *pathtest.txt* in a directory*
d:\temp\xxx-rst.  *

...and the reason that I want to use path expressions is that I use the
> same outline on different machines, where the path to the file is different.

I thought you'd say that :).  It looks like using an @path node does what
is wanted, though.  One thing I've found using @path nodes is that once
you've created one, you can't edit it by double-clicking in the headline.
That keystroke is used for other purposes by @path nodes.  You can still
edit the headline with the *edit-headline* command..

>> Here's how I have been running Sphinx on such a file.  I create a node
>> that will contain the script for running Sphinx, and run it using CTRL-b
>> (or you can turn it into a button).  The script looks like this:
>>
>> import os

>> os.system(f"cmd /k {cmd}")

Of course, on Linux you would not use *cmd* here !