Leo is your project, you provide free access to the fruits of your labor,
if you're going to remote @root that's your decision, but it may cause me
to ask questions I need answered if I am to preserve access to work that
I've done.

I've written about my use of Leo 4.3: it served as an easily deployed tool
for building utilities in the form of Windows Script Host files (WSF
files), and that I came up with a scheme that made it easy for me to use a
LEO file to hold the source code for the library of routines (in JScript or
VBScript) used by the WSF files as well as the source code for the
utilities I was building. Since each WSF file was independent and had to
include every library routine used therein, the libraries ended up written
to disk in multiple places in the various WSF files.

These days, WSF files are frowned up on because script kiddies and other
malefactors used VBScript and similar technologies, so perhaps I shouldn't
care about preserving the ones I wrote, but I still use some of them
in-house, and they need maintenance; I don't want to lose access to my
Leo-based development environment if I can help it.

The last thing I would want to do would be cut myself off from Leo's
vibrant community; I am still a lone developer, working without help to
write utilities for work when I'm short of time for work as it is. That
said, if I must give up on using future versions of Leo, what do I do: pick
a version of Leo that is closest to my needs and create a fork?

Given that ease of deployment was essential, and that I was happy with the
functions of Leo 4.3 and the Tkinter-based Leo GUI, my choice of version
might go back quite a ways. I might have to revive the Tkinter-based GUI;
I'd have to dig to find out how many releases of Leo ago I'd have to go.