On Tuesday, April 6, 2021 at 9:51:34 PM UTC-5 tbp1...@gmail.com wrote:

> Maybe this is beating the a dead horse, but os.getcwd() returns the
> actual directory of the selected node - verified by test.  It is as if when
> a node is selected, Leo changes the current directory to the path for that
> node. That would explain why "." works as well.

Here is my latest suggestion, incorporating your suggestions. It's only
advantage, apparently, is that it is more explicit:

import os
from subprocess import run
path = os.path.normpath(g.fullPath(c, p) or os.getcwd())
cmd = ['explorer.exe', path]
run(cmd)

Tested only on Windows.  The call to normpath should allow it to work
everywhere.