On Sun, Apr 11, 2021 at 4:17 PM TEK42 <kizzl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Unfortunately, there is a fly in the ointment.  I have an external file at
>> a location that uses "..", like this:
>>
>> - @path d:/Tom/devel/leo/plugins
>>     -@file ../plugins/viewrendered3.py
>>

> On my OS X machine the above pattern doesn’t work at all (unclear about
> the reasoning for the pattern too).
> I must take out the “../plugins/“ part of the @file for it to be able
> write/read the file.

My apologies. All the obvious things are supposed to work. Leo has several
wrappers around g.os.path.  Search for the node "g.os_path_ Wrappers" in
leoPy.leo (LeoPyRef.leo).

g.os_path_finalize_join is the workhorse. It should handle just about
everything, but apparently it doesn't.

It's surprisingly difficult to make everything work uniformly everywhere.
There are gazillions of related calls in Leo.