I have updated my local repo devel branch from Leo's github rep.  Now I can
run the leoserver.py file that's in the Leo repo.  But, as Edward reported,
it doesn't actually work with leointeg.  I get an announcement that the
extension is connected, but it's not. Sometimes when I try to connect there
is a message that it's already connected, but it still acts like it is not.

OTOH, when I start Felix's leobridgeserver from the leointeg directory,
then it works as I described earlier.

BTW. after some of these failed attempts I had to close vscode and restart
it to get the whole mechanism working again.