On Sun, Jun 27, 2021 at 5:14 PM David Szent-Györgyi <das...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Edward writes:
>
>> I'm not worried. A few searches/replaces would likely do the trick.
>>

> That's good to hear. That tells me that you are sure that you can follow
> as mypy adapts to the changes that follow PEP 649.

I have no intention of wading through the details of 649.

Right now, mypy is surprisingly intuitive and easy to use. I just finished
fully annotating leoAst.py, and I can say that using strings to handle
forward references is fine.

There are many possible future pitfalls that we could discuss, but I'd
rather not :-) Let's leave future problems for the future.