Thank you Gaurami, 🦁

And thanks to all who has commented here about *shifts in the text
selection range being detected in vscode, and given to Leo prior to
executing a command*. (in this instance, 'extract', but it could also apply
to other commands such as execute script Ctrl+B, and others)

So another check you might wanna do and report here is , lets say you have
body text consisting of this:
g.es('1')
g.es('2')
g.es('3')
g.es('4')
... and so on

You could try to rapidly select a random chunk of lines and see if CTRL+B
runs those lines (although it's different than extract, as extract doesn't
care where the exact selection starts or ends precisely on which character
on a line, it just cares about if a line is in or out.

I'll create an issue and setup experiments to figure out how to correct the
detection of the selected text range and its setup in Leo. (There is also a
conversion algorithm applied in between because on one side it's just a
string position, and on the other it's a row and col duo.) So there's a
couple places things can go wrong.

'Thought I'd fix it for good the last time I made this part of
leointeg/leoserver but looks like  Gaurami got me good :)
--
Félix

p.s. another test people could try to do and report here is : do a
find-text (ctrl+f) with a long chunk of text... Does leoInteg correctly
selects the text in the body pane? if it'S always correct that means the
bug in translation of the selected text range is only on one-way (from
leointeg to leoserver)