I have adapted the VR3 plugin to run in a tab in the log pane instead of in
its own pane.  The way I did it, it's not strictly a plugin, but it has all
the same functionality.  There is a script to toggle the tab on or off, and
a button to run the script.  It was easy to make the change.  I'm finding I
like it in a tab (most of the time) instead of in its own pane.  And it is
possible to make the log pane take up its own, full-height panel, in which
case you would have three full-height panels just like you probably have
with the current VR3.

I'm fairly sure the plugin version could be made to open either in its own
pane or in a tab.  It would have to be one way or the other, so there would
probably be a setting to specify which way to open (details to be worked
out later).

I'm just wondering if there is any interest in this capability.  If you are
a VR3 user, or think you might become one, would you please let me know?
Thanks!