I just went through it myself, and the log-log plot displayed as shown in
the tutorial.  i can hardly imagine how it wouldn't work for you, knowing
how those buttons are hooked up internally.  one thing that happens to me,
not just with this program, is if i jerk the mouse too much when i click.
then the click doesn't take effect.

could you check one thing for me? when any of those command buttons is
clicked, it should flash a couple of times to let you know it activated.
when you click on the loglog button, does it flash?  it should have changed
color to yellow when you hovered the mouse and then flashed when you
clicked.

Also, try it with another data set.  click on the "Gaussian Noise" button
and accept the defaults.  click on the "Linear" button to make sure that's
where you are starting from.  then take the fft and the switch to the
log-log view.  see if both axes are now logarithmic (axis tick marks not
evenly spaced).  If not, try the "Semilog X" and "Semilog Y" buttons and
see if they seem to work as expected.  then let me know the outcome.

Otherwise you might try updating the program to the latest changeset in the
master branch.  that would be worth doing anyway if you checked out an
earlier version.  not that i changed anything in this part of the code, but
worth trying anyway.