I found out why I can't install PyQt6 on Linux Mint (my VM is version
19.3).  It needs a later version of glibc-bin than 2.7.   This library is
apparently included with ldd.  The version can be checked with ldd --version
.

Ubuntu and Debian (and perhaps a later version of Mint) include a higher
version, and PyQt6 installs.

On Monday, August 15, 2022 at 10:37:27 PM UTC-4 tbp1...@gmail.com wrote:

> PyQt6 also didn't install on an Ubuntu VM, but I succeeded with the help
> of pip install PyQt6 producing "No matching distribution..." error
> <https://stackoverflow.com/questions/70690121/pip-install-pyqt6-producing-no-matching-distribution-error>.
>
> Too bad that didn't do the job with Mint, too.  No unusual lags in
> Ubuntu/PyQt6.
>
> On Monday, August 15, 2022 at 10:12:19 PM UTC-4 tbp1...@gmail.com wrote:
>
>> I was able to update to PyQt6 on my Debian VM, and in a quick test did
>> not suffer from the <TAB> or mark/unmark lags.   I don't know why I've got
>> the update problem on my Mint VM.  If I figure it out, I'll post about it
>> here.
>>
>> On Monday, August 15, 2022 at 9:53:10 PM UTC-4 tbp1...@gmail.com wrote:
>>
>>> There are also other lags I am experiencing.  Sometimes it takes a long
>>> time (like a count of 5) for the <TAB> and <SHIFT-TAB> commands to take
>>> effect.  But if I have just typed something that does not exhibit a lag,
>>> then the <TAB> works right away (not the un-indent <SHIFT-TAB> though).
>>> Also,  setting or unsetting a mark on a node often takes a count of 3 - 5.
>>> This is on Windows 10.  My system has had its regular Windows updates and
>>> patches and it seems to me that these Leo problems have gotten more
>>> pronounced recently.
>>>
>>> To look into factors that might be related, here's what I tried:
>>>
>>> 1. Update PyQt6 using Pip;
>>> 2. Boot Windows with Safe Boot, no network.
>>> 3. Have only Leo running without any other visible programs.