*On creating a shortcut to the .leo configuration directory. *This applies
to Windows 10; I have yet to test it on Windows 11.

To create a shortcut to the hidden "configuration directory" in one's home
folder, configure File Explorer to show hidden files, right-click on the
*.leo* folder in one's home folder, choose "Create Shortcut" from the
context menu, then place the shortcut as needed, then configure File
Explorer to not show hidden files.

I am accustomed to creating shortcuts for backing up installed
applications, including the folder that contains the application, the
folder for housekeeping information that is shared by all users, and the
folder for user-specific housekeeping information. For that, I typically
create shortcuts to each of these folders, using Windows 10's File
Explorer's context menu entry "New->Shortcut". That approach fails when
creating shortcuts to a folder that (a) is in one's home folder and (b) has
a name that begins with a dot, thereby calling for special treatment. For
such a folder, "New->Shortcut" creates a shortcut that does not work.

I make the shortcut to the *.leo* folder apply to every user by editing the
shortcut's properties, and replacing the *C:\username* in the *Target*
field with *%HOMEPATH% *. %HOMEPATH% is a Windows environment variable that
is evaluated when the shortcut is used rather than at the time of its
creation.