Sometimes I want to insert a Greek letter into text, often *sigma *or *mu*.
On Windows, at least, it's always annoying and clumsy.   So I thought I'd
try out Leo's abbreviations, which I've never used in the past.  It's
working well, so I've collected them here in case it will save someone else
some trouble.

When you type one of the abbreviations (like alph;;), Leo replaces what you
typed with the corresponding text.  That text can be long and complicated,
but here it's just a single symbol.  The abbreviation definitions must be
copied into a settings node, best placed in *myLeoSettings.leo*, and the
node's headline must start with *@data global-abbreviations*
to make them available in all outlines.  My node has the headline
*@data global-abbreviations - Symbols. * Here is the content of the node's
body, ready to be copy-pasted:

alph;;=α
beta;;=β
delt;;=δ
gam;;=γ
mu;;=μ
pi;;=π
sig;;=σ

Delt;;=Δ
Sig;;=Σ
pm;;=±

The abbreviations don't have to end with ";;" but that's easy to type and
unlikely to be typed for any other reason.  That's probably why it's used
in many of the examples.

To make abbreviations active you also have to add a new setting
@bool enable-abbreviations = True.