> GitHub pages now hosts Leo's new website at:
https://leo-editor.github.io/leo-editor/

Development is going about as expected: slow but slow :-)

This post will be pre-writing for a new info item that tells how to update
Leo's website.

*Changing links*

I have completed the first round of changing urls in LeoDocs.leo. This file
now contains @button find-bad-links which detects broken links reachable
from index.html. Coming improvements:

- Recursively detect broken links: search files reachable from index.html.
- Detect broken links in LeoDocs.leo.

*Search box*

The search box now *appears *to search the new website correctly. For
example, entering "bugs" in the box creates this query:
site:leo-editor.github.io/leo-editor bugs
According to the Google docs, this should be correct. However, Google may
not have crawled through the new website. It can take days or even weeks.

*Understanding how Pages updates the site*

Before today I was massively confused about how Pages updates the site. The
correct way to monitor the update progress is by looking at the *overall*
pages actions page: https://github.com/leo-editor/leo-editor/actions/

I mistakenly bookmarked the *previously completed* action. Rerunning that
action will *always* fail because the action is unique to a specific
commit. I got this mysterious error:
The process '/usr/bin/git' failed with exit code 1
Google revealed that this error happens because there is nothing new to
pull.

*Workflow*

A bit of experimentation reveals that the gh-pages and devel branches
should *both* maintain files in leo-editor/docs. There is probably no need
to distribute these files in official releases.

Merging gh-pages into devel (or vice versa) doesn't cause too many
problems. Using --ours or --theirs will suffice to handle any merge
conflicts involving LeoDocs.leo.

I have been using a manual workflow to update the .html files in
LeoDocs.leo:
- cd leo-editor\leo\doc\html
- make html
- copy all files leo-editor\leo\doc\html\_build\html to  leo-editor\leo\docs
- commit and push

However, I have just now rediscovered @button make-sphinx in LeoDocs.leo.
I'll update it to do most (all?) of the workflow above.

*Summary*

- The search box might work correctly, but Google's crawlers don't yet know
about the new website.
- More work is needed to ensure that all links have migrated correctly.
- At last I understand how Pages updates sites! Updates take about a minute
and happen automatically.
- The workflow seems to work well enough. A rediscovered @button node
should help.