On Thursday, March 2, 2023 at 3:41:48 PM UTC-5 chr...@gmail.com wrote:

If these two indeed don't exist, can they be added by scripting? via a
plugin? Maybe I could dot hat, but am not yet quite sure yet, gotta read
more doc.

The best way to proceed, IMHO, is to develop the script in your workbook.
I would assign it to a button during development using the *script-button*
 button.

Once it is working to your satisfaction, copy the code into the *@settings*
tree of *myLeoSettings.leo* as an *@command* node, giving it a suitable
name.  Then the next time you restart Leo, that command will be available
to all open outlines.

This how I develop most of my scripts, at least the ones that create new
commands.  I suggest that you prefix your commands with a recognizable
prefix, such as your initials.  Then when you do command completion in the
minibuffer, you will see only your own commands.  This reduces the load on
your memory, and turns out to be really convenient.  For example, I have a
command named *tp-outline-from-node*.  It's also helpful to prefix
experimental commands with, say, *x-*.  When the command is ready for prime
time then change its prefix.

If you find that you are using the command often, you could create an
*@button* node for it in *myLeoSettings.leo*.  But in some outlines, space
for another button may be scarce.  It is also possible (not hard) to add
the command to an existing menu, or even to create your own custom menu and
add your command as an item to it (I call my own menu *Local).  *You can
also bind it to a keystroke, but I wouldn't do that unless you use it all
the time - spare keystrokes are scarce and it can be hard to find the
binding after you forget.

If you have the script for the command in *myLeoSettings.leo* and you find
a bug or would like to change how it works, you can edit it right in the
outline, and your changes will be in effect the next time the command is
invoked - no need to restart Leo.