I was thinking the same.  After all, leointeg or leojs could parse
headlines and do something with the results.   What might  make sense -
both for security and for both Leo and leojs - would be to write a small
number of methods that would be the only ones that could be used in path
expressions.  This would be safer than letting path expressions execute
arbitrary code.