I agree, but with a non-reproducible report it's hard to make any
progress.  In this case I wanted to be able to file a more definite issue,
but also alert people as soon as possible to back up their workbooks until
the thing gets resolved.

I do think that one defensive code change to make is for Leo never to
replace the workbook - whether or not it can find it - without asking the
user.  On first use, when the Leo user gets created, that wouldn't apply.