Thomas Passin wrote:

> The Ruff Formatter
<https://www.blog.pythonlibrary.org/2023/10/25/the-ruff-formatter-pythons-fastest-formatter/>

Oops. I see you were talking about ruff's new formatter.

The formatter claims 99.9% compatibility with black. That's a problem
because black insists on reformatting Leo's sentinel comments.

ruff boasts configuration options that black lasts. The ruff devs may be
receptive to adding motr settings. Here's what I want:

-  A setting that would suppress the reformatting of Leo's sentinel
comments.
   Imo the best would be a regex that would leave comments alone when it
matches.
   Something like `^#@`.
- Settings that would specify a range of line-lengths to leave alone.
  The idea: add hysteresis to line-length computations.
- A setting that would suppress *all* line breaks/joins.

We'll see what the ruff devs say. Many thanks for your heads up.