I'm afraid I can't get started.  The beta insists on opening a repo first,
but I can't figure out how to either find my own repos or to get
authenticated for Github.

I'd rather start working on a .leo file that isn't in a repo at all.  I'm
never going to have all my outlines in a repo, but I want to be able to
open them anyway.  My personal, on-computer repo is Mercurial anyway, not
git, and I don't feel like trying to change everything in Mercurial over to
git.  So I hope that leoJs can be convinced to work with mercurial if it's
not going to be able to work with individual outlines on my drive.

I'll try with vscode next.