Hi Viktor, thanks for bringing this up! I've thought about this in the past
and completely forgot about it!!

I would also like very much users to be able to just need the leo sources,
without installing any qt libs nor any other UI/graphical libs, to be able
to run leoInteg or use the bridge / server in general for any other uses,
if possible.

*About leoserver.py: *If I remember correctly, the server should not
require the ui libraries. but merely use them optionally if available if
the user tries to exit with dirty documents. (the ui pops up a window to
ask for save/exit) This should silently fail if no ui library is available
and not give any errors nor hard requirement.

(Credits to Edward for thinking about and coding that popup dialog of this
into the server back in 2020)

Might be worth taking a look at it

Félix