Not that I have a problem with adding your patch, but why would you want to
send this to stdout?

We already have stderr and any named file that you care about, including a
mechanism to enter the process id in the file name.
(setenv DEBUG_FILE "/tmp/debug.%p" )

Also here's the comment at the top of DebugUtil.c :
/*
 * Functionality in this file is influenced at run time by these
 * environment variables :
 * - DEBUGSOURCES : colon-separated list of files from which debug output
 *      is generated. Special value "all" has obvious meaning.
 * - DEBUG_PRINT_WIDGETID : if this variable exists, then all widgets printed
 *      with XdbDebug etc. will also print their widget ID. If the variable
 *      doesn't exist, then they only print their name for identification.
 * - DEBUG_FILE : if this variable exists, then the file is used for output.
 *      If "%p" is part of the value of DEBUG_FILE, then it is replaced by the
 *      process id.
 *
 * If the C macro LESSTIF_PRODUCTION is defined, then XdbDebug etc. don't
 *      work. Note: this is a compile time option.
 * To have maximum performance, sequences of XdbDebug statements should be
 *      surrounded by an if (XdbInDEBUG(__FILE__, w)) statement.
 *      XdbInDebug is False when LESSTIF_PRODUCTION is defined.
 */

        Danny

--
Danny Backx ([EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED])
Home page :     http://users.skynet.be/danny.backx