I'm stumped!!! But I know where the problem is :) First of all, take out the
#ifdef LESSTIF_VERSION in xmenu.c, mentioned it in my last post. Now when emacs
pops up a menu we go through lwlib-Xm.c:xm_popup_menu. In there the menuPost
resource is being set to show what button actually did this, I think. That
results in LessTif having to change the current button grab. We catch this fact
and do an ungrab on the current button, and a grab for the new one. But it
seems that the ungrab is not working. Now is the time to go back to the man
pages..... It seems that XtGrabButton takes an int for the button arg, but
XtUngrabButton wants a KeyCode for the button arg!!!!! How the hell do I map a
button int to a button KeyCode!!!!!!

On a side note, if I take out the setting of menuPost from lwlib-Xm.c, line
1741, I can't detect a problem with LessTif, or OpenMotif.