TheOldFellow wrote:
We often (once a year or so) have a debate in LFS circles to decide if
those who want to try experimental stuff should be in the forefront, or
whether we should be trying to get a perfect book for newbies to build
with.  The answer is a compromise, always was, always will be.  I'm
usually with the bleeding-edgers - I'm just not sure that the balance is
right on this one yet.

Indeed. I can actually sympathize with both sides of the argument at this point. (You presented one side very well, so I thought I'd try to show the other side of the coin. ;) ). It would be interesting/nice to hear Gerard's take on this issue at this time. Esp. considering that he still holds copyright on all this stuff.

--
JH