TheOldFellow wrote:
Anderson Lizardo wrote:

TheOldFellow wrote:

Matthew Burgess wrote:

I also wanted to get some internationalisation work sorted out for LFS,

so where are the non-8bit-language (indeed, apart from Manuel and Alex,
where are the non-ASCII) volunteers to test this?  It's all very well to

Hey, I'm "non-ASCII" too ;-).

Well so you are! (Sorry)

In fact, as a Brit, I deplore the 'assumption' that 'English means
American' that gets into so much software.

OK, we have some i18n 8-bit users, but multibyte?  I see some names than
might be Chinese on the list occasionally.

Some of the users for which 8-bit encodings work might still prefer UTF-8 for compatibility with RedHat (at the cost of incompatibility with the rest of the world). Also UTF-8 support is a requirement for LSB certification.

--
Alexander E. Patrakov